Here are some tips from Atlanta personal injury attorney Shane Smith:
1. After the accident, make sure you call the police. Get an accident report filled out and find out how you can get a copy
2. See a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. If you have any new symptoms in the weeks following the crash, get those documented by your doctor. Ask for copies of your medical records.
3. Realize that the insurance company's first goal is to save money. They will misuse anything you say to reduce or deny your claim. Don't discuss your injury or the accident with the insurance adjuster.
4. Don't sign anything until you have spoken to an Atlanta personal injury attorney.
5. Know the value of your claim. You may be entitled to a variety of damages, including but not limited to medical expenses, property damage, car repair costs, lost income and pain and suffering. An Atlanta accident lawyer can help you put a monetary value on your claim.
To schedule a free consultation, contact Shane Smith Law at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?