It’s important to remember that a motorcycle is a much smaller, lighter and easily maneuverable vehicle than a car, truck or van. The lack of protection around the rider and size difference often put bikers at a much higher risk for serious or fatal injury when involved in a crash with a drunk driver.
One of the telltale signs of a drunken driver is swerving between lanes, often into incoming traffic. Imagine a motorcycle up against a passenger vehicle as it’s drifting into his or her lane either from the side or head on. The biker has very little protection from impact, aside from his or her clothing and helmet.
This is why many fatal motorcycle accidents involve injuries such as head trauma, blunt impact injury, spinal cord damage and dismemberment. If you or a loved one has become a part of the Georgia drunk driving statistics and are looking to file for compensation for your losses, an Atlanta accident lawyer may be able to help.
Contact an Atlanta Accident Lawyer
After a serious or fatal car accident you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
At Shane Smith Law we help accident victims seek justice after they’ve suffered injury and losses due to negligent drivers. We have helped victims in Atlanta and the surrounding areas with cases of accidents caused by drunk drivers, negligent truck drivers, and accidents resulting in serious or fatal injury.
Before making the decision to hire a lawyer, request a copy of our FREE eBooks, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information on how to handle filing a claim for serious injuries or wrongful death caused by a negligent driver. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 1-770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?I was a passenger in a drunk driver’s car when an accident happened. How can I get compensation for my injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?