If you are hit by a drunk driver and manage to escape being killed or incapacitated, you should still be examined by a medical professional. Especially when paramedics arrive at the scene, you should have at least a general assessment of your condition to file on the police report.
There are many types of car accident injuries that are not always present immediately following a crash with a drunk driver. You may feel fine now, but in a few days when that headache won’t go away, or your lower back pain keeps getting worse, these could be signs of serious neurological or soft-tissue damage.
Always consult with a doctor after a car accident, even if you don’t think you’re injured. Creating medical documentation of the accident and your suspected injuries, current condition and potential need for treatment are all parts of the evidence necessary to file a future personal injury claim.
If you’ve been in an accident with a suspected drunk driver, you shouldn’t leave this type of complex claim to your insurance company. An Atlanta accident lawyer can be there to help you seek compensation through a personal injury claim and help guide you through any involvement in a criminal case.
Contact an Atlanta Accident Lawyer
After a serious or fatal car accident you and your family may be dealing with the grief of severe injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
At The Law Offices of Shane Smith we help accident victims seek justice after they’ve suffered injury and losses due to negligent drivers. We have helped victims in Atlanta and the surrounding areas with cases of accidents caused by drunk drivers, negligent truck drivers, and accidents resulting in serious or fatal injury.
Before making the decision to hire a lawyer, request a copy of our FREE eBooks, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information on how to handle filing a claim for serious injuries or wrongful death caused by a negligent driver. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 1-770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?