Officials list several reasons why this could be true: less maintanence, missing guard rails, faded yellow lines, more four way stops, flashing lights, sharper curves, and narrower roads. However, the common belief is that the lower seat belt usage on rural roads is what causes the higher death rate. Seat belt usage is between 60 and 65 percent on rural roads and 85 percent in urban areas.
Studies show seat belt usage saves lives. They can drastically increase the chances of survival in a serious crash. Currently the Governor's Office of Highway Safety is working to increase seat belt usage in rural areas of Georgia and Tennessee.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.