Early seizures may happen immediately after an accident but generally within a week of it. Although it doesn’t always happen, early seizures can lead to epilepsy later on in life. Most of the time treatment for an early seizure isn’t required. However if another episode were to occur, it may be necessary to take an anti-seizure medication.
Late seizures generally don’t happen until at least a week after being injured. Most of the time, a late seizure turns into a diagnosis of epilepsy. This will likely require treatment.
Treatment may consist of anti-seizure medication but extreme cases may necessitate surgery. However, another type of seizure that can also be experienced is called posttraumatic seizure. These may not happen until several years after an accident.
When head trauma leads to seizures after a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation. This can address not only your medical expenses but pain and suffering and more.
Seeking Legal Help from a Georgia Personal Injury Attorney
The law offices of Shane Smith believe you should know your rights when you have been injured by a negligent driver in a truck accident, which is why they make available to you these helpful books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Don’t hesitate to contact our office when you or someone you love has sustained serious injuries caused by the negligence of another. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 01/02/2015 Fraudulent Trucking Companies Find Bureaucratic Loopholes
- Posted on 12/18/2014 National Truck Driver Drug and Alcohol Test Database Proposed
- Posted on 12/15/2014 Passengers in Commercial Trucks can cause Distracted Driving
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.