The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has announced that in 2009, overall highway deaths fell to 33,808, the lowest total number since 1950. This is a total decline of 3,615 from 2008.
The year 2009 also saw the lowest fatality and injury rates ever recorded: 1.13 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled in 2009, compared to 1.26 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles in 2008. In 2009, alcohol-impaired driving deaths dropped to 10,839 compared to 11,711 in 2008, a 7.4% drop.
In Georgia, traffic deaths were down by 211 since 2008, a 14 percent decrease. Georgia acohol-related fatalities decreased by 74, an 18 percent decline.
This is good news, but accidents still happen. If you or a loved one has been injured in an Atlanta car crash, contact Shane Smith Law. Georgia car wreck lawyer Shane Smith can help you stand up to the big insurance companies and get you fair compensation for your injuries, economic losses and property damage. To learn more, call our Atlanta law office at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?