As a general rule here in Atlanta, Georgia, we tell our drunk driving victims not to expect justice at the drunk driver's hearing. We tell them to look for justice and punishment in the civil court case. Why do we recommend this? Read from just one example of what happened to a client of ours who was hit by a drunk driver in Riverdale Georgia . We have had numerous cases where the drunk driver was not punished any where near enough for the damages he caused our drunk driving accident clients.
The criminal justice system doesn't punish drunk drivers enough. That is why we have a mandatory minimum punishment for drunk drivers in Georgia. It still is not enough. You would be amazed at how light the sentence can be even if they put you or a loved one in the hospital. Read about the the drunk drivers criminal hearing and the process in Georgia. Find out why you should speak to the judge and solicitor, but why it won't get rid of the anger and injury you have from the drunk driver.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?I was a passenger in a drunk driver’s car when an accident happened. How can I get compensation for my injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?