A Gwinnett County head-on collision on Old Fountain Road in Dacula left several people, including a child, seriously injured. At least one of the accident victims has life-threatening injuries.
If possible, avoid driving when roads are icy. If you must drive, slow down and follow these safety rules:
Driving safely on icy roads
• Leave yourself plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more following distance than usual.
• Brake gently to avoid skidding. Ease off the brake if your brakes start to lock up.
• Turn on your lights to increase your visibility to other drivers.
• Keep your lights and windshield clean.
• Use low gears to keep traction, especially on hills.
• Don't use cruise control or overdrive.
• Even if you have a four-wheel or front-wheel drive, don't assume your vehicle can handle all conditions.
Icy roads can cause trouble for any vehicle.
Winter weather driving is dangerous. Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.
If you are in a winter driving accident and need help obtaining insurance compensation for your injuries and property damage, contact Atlanta accident attorney Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.