Insurance companies are experts at coming up with reasons to deny, delay or devalue accident settlements.
Here is a list of excuses that are commonly used to justify a low insurance payment:
1. You were not wearing your seat belt; therefore you are at fault for your injuries.
2. Your car had defective safety equipment.
3. You were driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4. If you didn't see the other driver run a red light, make an illegal turn, or head towards you one a one way street, the accident is your fault for not paying attention.
5. You had preexisting medical conditions.
6. The other driver told a different story.
Learn how to protect your Georgia accident injury claim in Atlanta auto accident attorney Shane Smith's book, 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. To discuss a settlement offer or to schedule a free case evaluation, contact Shane Smith Law at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?