Getting fair compensation for your injuries after an Atlanta taxi cab accident can be difficult. If you are injured while a passenger in a taxi cab, there are several steps that you can take to protect your Georgia injury claim.
Atlanta accident attorney Shane Smith suggests:
1. Insist that the driver call the police and report the accident. Ask the officer that comes to the scene to fill out an accident report.
2. Get the taxi driver's name and telephone phone number, his taxi cab registration number and the name/phone number of the taxi cab company that the driver works for. Write down the license plate number and the make and model of the cab.
3. Get the name and phone number of any other drivers that were involved in the accident. Write down each driver's license plate number and the make and model of the vehicle.
4. Get the name and phone number of any witnesses.
5. If you have a cell phone or a camera, take pictures of the vehicle damage, your injuries and the scene of the accident.
6. Contact an Atlanta accident attorney before agreeing to a settlement or signing any forms from the insurance company. You may end up giving up your right to a full settlement.
To learn more about Atlanta taxi cab accident claims, read Shane Smith's article, "Injured In An Atlanta Taxi Cab Accident? Who Pays For Your Injuries?"