Another reason to see a doctor is that if that waiting before seeking medical attention may devalue your insurance claim. If you wait to seek treatment for your injury, for the car insurance company may not take your claim seriously. The insurance companies may tell a jury that if you were seriously hurt, you would have been seen a doctor as soon as possible. Most jurors don't know about hidden injuries and expect to see medical records starting immediately after the crash.
The extent of your injuries doesn't change the fact that the driver drove while under the influence and put lives at risk. Don't let the driver get off the hook because of insurance company tricks. Protect your claim and get medical treatment.
Learn more about protecting your Atlanta DUI injury claim; download Atlanta DUI attorney Shane Smith's free book: "10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case."
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?