Here are some of the arguments the insurance company may use against you:
- Your injuries are exaggerated.
- Immediate medical attention wasn’t sought.
- You refused to be treated at the scene of the accident.
- After receiving treatment in the emergency room, you waited too long to see your doctor.
- Emergency room records don’t indicate complaints of pain that you now experience.
- You missed doctor appointments.
- There was a failure to follow medical advice.
- Medical records indicate you have pre-existing conditions.
The most common one of these arguments used is that your pre-existing conditions are the reason for your pain and other complications. Even if you did suffer a previous injury, if it was made worse by the accident, you still may have the right to be compensated.
After You Have Been Injured in an Atlanta Car Accident
When you or someone you love has sustained serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence in an Atlantacar accident, you should know what your rights are. The Shane Smith Law can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).