1. Drive at a constant speed. Rapidly accelerating and braking may reduce your gas mileage by as much as a third. This means that your impressive 30 miles per gallon is reduced to only 20 miles per gallon. Changing speed gradually is 5% more efficient in the city and 33% more efficient on the highway. In money terms, you are saving 20 cents per gallon in the city and more than $1 per gallon on the highway. And, other drivers won't be startled by your sudden changes in speed. What a deal!
2. Clean out your car. Removing the extra stuff from your roof rack, trunk and passenger compartment will save 30 to 60 cents per gallon for every 100 pounds removed. Cleaning out your car also prevents your stuff from becoming a deadly projectile in the event of an Atlanta auto accident.
3. Combine trips. This will save you money on gas and time in the car. The more time you spend in the car, the higher your risk of becoming an Atlanta accident victim.
Enjoy your summer.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?