According to United States Department of Transportation data an average of over 60,000 pedestrians are injured in accidents with vehicles in the United States each year. The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) published a study that showed most pedestrian injuries occur at night.
If you are injured a Clayton County pedestrian accident attorney at Shane Smith Law can review the incident and advise you of your legal rights.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 4,280 pedestrians were killed in 2010 in United States traffic crashes, and another 70,000 pedestrians were injured. This averages to one crash-related pedestrian death every 2 hours, and a pedestrian injury every 8 minutes.
Georgia pedestrian accident victims likely have a variety of questions. Among these are the following:
- A family member was a pedestrian and was struck by a vehicle. What are the legal options?
- Who will pay the current and future medical expenses?
- How are pedestrian accidents investigated?
- What do I do about missed work/lost pay? Is someone responsible?
- Is a lawsuit required? If so, how long will it take?
Victims should seek the assistance of a Clayton County pedestrian accident attorney to protect their rights by securing police reports, eyewitness testimony and physical evidence and to deal with insurance representatives. Victims should call Shane Smith Law for a free legal consultation.