Cars and trucks leave a thin layer of oil, grease and tire residue on the roads. As days go by with no rain, this layer builds up and becomes thicker. You can't see it, but when it starts to rain, the water breaks the oil and gas particles apart. These float on top of the water and make a slick coating on the road. The slippery conditions can cause skidding and hydroplaning.
Fortunately, as it continues to rain, the oil is "washed" away and to the sides of the road.
As an Atlanta car crash attorney, I suggest using caution when it starts to rain, especially if it hasn't rained in several days. Slow down, turn your headlights on, and allow more time and space to stop. Watch out for puddles and, if necessary, pull off the road until conditions improve. For more wet weather safety tips, read our article, "It's Raining, It's Pouring: Wet Weather Driving Tips For Georgia".
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.