Car crashes are the leading cause of death for children between the ages of 3 and 14. However, an estimated 8,959 lives were saved by child safety seats from 1975 to 2008.
In 2006, 54 children age 0-14 died and over 11,000 were injured in Georgia car crashes. One-third of these children were not buckled up. Others were buckled up incorrectly.
It is estimated that four out of five car seats are either installed improperly or being used incorrectly in some way. An improperly installed car seat, or one that is not being used correctly, may not work as intended in a crash.
During the 2010 Child Passenger Safety Week, parents and caregivers are urged to verify that their child safety seats are properly installed and being used correctly.
Low income parents in 125 Georgia counties can receive a free car seat through Georgia's Child Occupant Safety Programs. Contact your county Department of Health.
To locate a Child Passenger Safety Technician near you, click here.
To learn more about the correct child safety seat for your child, click here.
Atlanta car crash attorney Shane Smith urges parents to check that your child’s car seat is correctly and safely installed. A quick appointment could potentially save your child’s life.
For more information about car crashes in Georgia, download our free book “10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case.” If you need help after an Atlanta car accident, call Shane Smith Law at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?