Car accidents can be particularly traumatic for children. Research has demonstrated that anywhere between 15% and 25% of children who are in car accidents develop symptoms of depression, although some don’t manifest for months.
However, a study published by the The Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health indicated that children who received some form of intervention within the first week or so after a serious car accident were less likely to develop depressive symptoms and behavioral issues within the next 6 months.
However, psychological care can come at a high financial cost, particularly for children who may need more care than adult counterparts.
To get the financial compensation from the driver who was responsible for your accident, speak with car accident attorney in Atlanta who can help.
Contacting an Atlanta, GA Lawyer
After a drunk driver car accident, you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer because of the negligence of another!
The personal injury lawyers at Shane Smith Law are lawyers who get it; we know the frustration our clients are experiencing when dealing with insurance companies.
Many of our clients don’t know how to hire a lawyer, so we offer 2 FREE guides, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information on filing a lawsuit after car accidents caused by drunk drivers, signs of depression, and how an attorney can help. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact a car accident attorney in Atlanta to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?I was a passenger in a drunk driver’s car when an accident happened. How can I get compensation for my injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?