The Clayton County pedestrian accident occurred at about 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday, January 19, 2011. A 14-year-old boy darted across the westbound lanes Pointe South Parkway in order to catch a school bus that was pulling up in the eastbound lanes. As he crossed, the boy was struck by a Saturn Sedan.
Witnesses say the teen dashed into the road and the vehicle had no time to stop.
The boy suffered cuts and bruises and was taken to Atlanta Medical Center as a precaution. He was also cited on the charge of "pedestrian fleeing into traffic.”
More than 100 children a year are killed in pedestrian-motor vehicle accidents. Most of these accidents occur when the child is on his way to or from school. Keep your child safe. Take a moment to read our library article: “Safe to School in Atlanta - 8 Tips to Keep Child Pedestrians Safe.”
If your child rides a bike to school, click here for bicycle safety tips.
If your child is injured in an Atlanta pedestrian accident, the Georgia pedestrian injury attorneys at Shane Smith Law are available to help at any time. Contact our office at 770-HURT-999 to schedule a free legal consultation with an Atlanta personal injury lawyer.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 12/17/2014 Gwinnett County Police Report Increase in Pedestrian Deaths
- Posted on 12/13/2014 Peachtree City Trick-or-Treaters are at Risk for Pedestrian Accidents
- Posted on 12/10/2014 Failure to Yield to Pedestrian Results in Injury for University of Georgia Student
- I was treated very well at Shane Smith's law firm. Every time I called I was informed on everything about my case without asking. I love your firm! -Jasmine
- I really enjoyed working and speaking with my case manager, Shirley. She was a great help in my treatment process. I was always informed about my case. She always returned my phone calls within a day and explained everything clearly. I am very pleased with the care and compassion I received while being a client of Shane Smith Law. Destiny