Did your loved one lose his life because of a fatal car accident? If so, you may be entitled to compensation with a wrongful death claim. Find out who to sue and what to do for retribution.  

When the Driver Is Uninsured or Underinsured 

Many drivers do not have enough insurance to cover the expenses of someone whose been injured or who died because of a fatal accident. Many times, these drivers only have $10,000 to $30,000, which hardly covers the costs of medical bills and funeral expenses. 

Attorneys experienced in wrongful death cases often seek information about the deceased insurance policy. Many people have coverage in their policy that protects them from drivers who are uninsured or underinsured. 

Vehicle Problems 

If the car accident didn’t result from the negligence of another driver, you may be able to sue the vehicle’s manufacturer. An attorney can order for the car to be tested to determine if it was the cause of the accident, which would then help build a strong case against the manufacturer. 

Drunk Driving 

For a drink driving situation in which the driver is uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to receive compensation from the place where the driver drank his last alcoholic beverage. If it’s a bar, you may be able to sue the bar owner. If it was a person’s home, you might be able to sue the homeowner. 

For help with your wrongful death claim, contact an experienced Atlanta wrongful death attorney at the Shane Smith Law. They know what to do to help you build a strong case against the person or persons who took your loved ones life. Call 770-HURT-999 for a consultation today. 

If your loved one was a victim of a drunk driving accident, read the guide I Was Hit by a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next?

Shane Smith
Connect with me
Advocate for the Seriously Injured
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment

In Pain? Call Shane!

Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.