Here are the Top 10 causes of 18-wheeler accidents:
1. Prescription drug use : 26%
2. Traveling too fast: 23%
3. Driver unfamiliar with roadway: 22%
4 . Over-the-counter drug use: 18%
5. Improper surveillance (not checking blind spots): 14%
6. Fatigue: 13%
7. Illegal maneuvers: 9%
8. Exterior distraction: 8%
9. Inadequate evasive action: 7%
10. Aggressive driving behavior: 7%
Most Georgia commercial truck accidents are preventable!
If you've been injured in a Georgia semi-truck accident, an experienced Atlanta trucking accident attorney can investigate the causes of your accident. He can deal with the trucking companies and insurance companies and help you get a fair settlement. To learn more, contact the Law Office of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 01/02/2015 Fraudulent Trucking Companies Find Bureaucratic Loopholes
- Posted on 12/18/2014 National Truck Driver Drug and Alcohol Test Database Proposed
- Posted on 12/15/2014 Passengers in Commercial Trucks can cause Distracted Driving
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.