Any type of auto accident can ruin your day; however, a crash with a large semi truck may not only ruin your day but cause you serious injuries. In addition to dealing with the damage done to your vehicle and the inconvenience of missing work or a critical appointment, you also have to deal with your injuries, recovery, and the legal issues surrounding the case.
Because you will be bombarded with calls, questions, information, and thrust into the legal arena after a crash, Shane Smith Law put together a list of what you need to know about being in a Peachtree City truck accident.
- Understand that what you say to the other driver or insurance company could be used against you. Never admit fault or apologize.
- Ensure your own safety by getting medical attention immediately. This is beneficial to your health as well as to your personal injury claim.
- Verify that an accident report was filed with the police. Call 911 from the accident scene to make sure an accident report is taken.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, if possible. Most cell phones have a camera that could be used to capture the damage done to both vehicles.
- Exchange information with the driver including name, address, phone number, license plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), driver’s license number, and insurance company information.
- Report the accident to your insurance agent. Watch what you say when talking with the insurance company and don’t say too much before talking with an attorney.
Call an experienced Peachtree City personal injury lawyer to discuss your potential claim for damages. Shane Smith Law has the experience and resources to help you and will provide you with a free consultation. Please call today at 770-HURT-999.