Why don't owners restrain their pets?
1. 42% believe their pet is calm and does not need to be restrained.
2. 29% believe their pet does not need a restraint because car trips are always short.
3. 39% have never even considered it.
Atlanta auto accident attorney Shane Smith has one good reason for restraining your pet. In an accident, your pet can become a deadly projectile. Multiply your pets weight by the speed of your car at the time of a crash. If you are driving at 30 m.p.h. with a 30 pound dog, your dog will crash into you or your car with 900 pounds of force. This can cause serious injury to you, to your dog and to any children or other passengers in the car.
Eighteen percent of those who drove with an unrestrained dog also had children in the car. You wouldn't let your child ride without a safety seat, so show your pet the same care.
To learn more about the AAA study, read our article, "What Do Dogs Have To Do With Atlanta Distracted Driving Crashes?"
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.