Unfortunately, an Atlanta trucking accident could happen to you, and many factors play into being hurt in a car accident. Here are the top 10 causes of truck accidents by drivers.
- prescription drug use (abuse of painkillers or drug side effects);
- unfamiliar with road or area;
- over-the-counter drug use (sleep aids, stimulants);
- inadequate training;
- driver fatigue;
- illegal maneuvers (not obeying posted signs or laws);
- distractions (texting, reading, talking on the phone);
- aggressive driving; and
- inadequate vehicle maintenance (faulty brakes, mirrors).
Providing the Legal Help You Need after an Atlanta Trucking Accident
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to protect your case, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer and facts for Georgia injury victims and are available free of charge to Georgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).