Did you know that that unsecured every day objects in your vehicle can become dangerous projectiles in an Atlanta car crash?
In fact, eordinary objects that are left in cars and trucks are responsible for about 13,000 injuries each year.
How do these injuries occur?
Suppose you have a cooler in the back seat with your lunch and a few cans of your favorite soda. All together, the cooler weighs about ten pounds. If you are traveling at 55 miles per hour, a ten-pound object will hit with 500 pounds of force. That's enough to crush bones.
Even the change in your cup holder can cause serious injury. Can you imagine being hit by a penny travelling at 55 miles per hour? Ouch! What if the car spins and the pennies fly around?
To prevent projectile injuries, keep your stuff stowed in the trunk or under a cargo net and don't leave loose objects around the passenger compartment. Give your children soft, light-weight toys to play with while they are in the car. Plush puppets are a great option.
If you are injured in an Atlanta accident, contact the Law Offices of Atlanta car crash attorney Shane Smith.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?