According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, car seats should be replaced after any moderate or severe Atlanta car crash. If it was a minor crash, you may not need to replace the seats.
However, what constitutes a minor crash? Atlanta auto car crash lawyer Shane Smith explains:
As a rule, you should replace seats if ANY of the following conditions apply:
1. The vehicle could not be driven away from the crash site
2. The vehicle door closest to the car seat was damaged
3. Anyone in the vehicle was injured
4. An airbag deployed
5. There is any visible damage to the seat
If you need to replace the car seat, your insurance company will usually cover the cost of new seats.
To learn more about insurance coverage for property damage, request your free copy of Shane Smith's book, Property Damage Guide for Georgia.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- "You really helped me. You know, really good law firm"
- "Run...Run to Shane Smith Law Offices. You can have faith in Shane Smith Offices."
- In September 2014 Shane Smith had the pleasure of awarding Kim Strudivant with the Fayette County Local Teacher of the Month award. In return Charlotee Sanders the Principal of Grace Christian Academy sent him a warm thank you that we wanted to share. Charlotte Sanders Principal of Grace Christian Academy