Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 742-6352
Phone: (770) 487-8999 x32
Law Offices of Shane Smith
Accepting Personal Injury Cases
In Georgia In North Carolina

Contact Us

Get help now! Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will contact you within 24 hours!

What if I am Injured by an Unlicensed Driver?

Blog Category:
Comments (0)

Everyone who operates a car must have a valid driver’s license. Driving without a valid license is against Georgia law and often results in a serious traffic offense. Additionally, if an unlicensed driver causes an accident, they may face serious civil liability in a personal injury case, as well. If you have been injured in an accident that involved an unlicensed driver, always contact an experienced Coweta County auto accident attorney for assistance.

When a person causes an accident because they were violating a safety law, a court may find that the person was automatically negligent. Therefore, if a driver causes an accident and they do not have a valid driver’s license, that law violation may be used to a victim’s advantage in a personal injury case.

Additionally, if the person who was driving without a valid license is a minor, a parent or other owner of the vehicle may also be held liable for any resulting injuries. A parent or other adult should reasonably know that it is dangerous to allow an unlicensed minor to drive their vehicle without the proper supervision. If that unlicensed minor then causes an accident, the adult who loaned the vehicle to the minor may also be held responsible for the injuries and other losses of any victims. An experienced lawyer will know how to identify all possible responsible parties so that you receive the maximum possible compensation.

Contact a Coweta County personal injury attorney for a free consultation

If you have been injured in an accident caused by an unlicensed driver, that driver should be held responsible for all of the losses that resulted from the accident. At the Law Offices of Shane Smith, our auto accident lawyers know how to use violations of law to help prove negligence and ensure that you receive compensation from all possible parties. To schedule a free consultation, call our office at (770) 487-8999 today.

Category: Auto Accidents

Shane Smith
Advocate for the Seriously Injured in Georgia

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "What if I am Injured by an Unlicensed Driver?"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.