Do you know that it is likely that you will be involved and injured in a Georgia drunk driving crash? According to the U.S. Office for Victims of Crimes, it is estimated that one-third of all Americans will be injured by a drunk driver during their lifetime. This shocking statistic reveals that victims of drunk drivers in Georgia or anywhere throughout this nation include:
- Young children – someone’s child
- Teenagers – someone’s son or daughter
- Adults – someone’s parent
- Senior citizens – someone’s parent and grandparent
When drunk drivers get behind the wheel of their vehicles intoxicated, they don’t know who is in the next vehicle, and they really don’t care. All they care about is the need to consume alcohol. Sadly, people’s children, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, grandparents, spouses, and loved ones are injured or taken from them every day due to reckless, negligent drunk drivers.
The statistics from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveal that:
- More than 40 percent of motor vehicle accidents involve alcohol
- About 25 percent of teen car crashes involve alcohol
- Over 15,000 people die annually in the U.S. from alcohol-related accidents
These numbers aren’t just statistics; they are people—people who suffer the effects of drunk drivers, such as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, burn injury, and even wrongful death.
If you or your loved one was a victim of a Georgia drunk driving accident, please call a Peachtree City DUI victim attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith today. We will aggressively pursue justice and just compensation for victims of drunk drivers. Call us for a free consultation at (770) 487-8999 today.