When negligent actions result in a fatal crash, compensation may be available. To learn if you are entitled to recover compensation for damages in a particular case, contact a wrongful death claim attorney inAtlanta. 

Parties Entitled to a Wrongful Death Award 

Most wrongful death lawsuits are brought by immediate family members such as parents, spouses and children, who are wrongful death dependents. 

Generally, the surviving spouse has a right to file a claim, and in the absence of a spouse, surviving children may file the claim. If there is no spouse and no children, then the surviving parents may file a claim, and then if there are no parents, the estate administrator may file the claim. 

Minor children may be entitled to some of the recovery, although they will not actually file the lawsuit. A wrongful death award also may be available to others who were financially dependent on the deceased. An attorney can review the circumstances of your case to determine which parties may be entitled to receive compensation. 

It’s also important to consult legal counsel to learn how Georgia negligence laws may impact your eventual recovery, especially if your loved one was found to be partially at fault.  

Contact Shane Smith Law 

To learn more, seek a consultation with Shane Smith Law at 1-404-513-5415. We can evaluate if you or others may be eligible to recover damages stemming from a wrongful death. 

Shane Smith
Connect with me
Advocate for the Seriously Injured
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment

In Pain? Call Shane!

Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.