The driver of the truck may be found liable if it can be established that negligent actions led to the crash. For instance, if the driver violated traffic laws, was inattentive or distracted while driving or otherwise acted in a careless or reckless manner, then he or she may be found liable.
If the operator of the truck was not an independent driver, you may also be able to hold his or her employer liable. The truck can be owned by a construction company, trucking company, waste management company, FedEx, UPS or other entities.
In some cases, the owner of the cab and trailer are different, which could also lead to additional parties being held liable. This will depend on any evidence that suggests the owner played a role in the accident.
Manufacturers could be held liable if defects in parts or equipment are found. If this is the case, various manufacturers may be involved in your claim.
Maintenance companies that are responsible for maintaining and repairing the cab or trailer potentially could be found liable. If it can be established that there was a failure to inspect, maintain or repair the truck properly, this may impact your claim.
Pursuing a truck accident claim can be complicated but is even more so when there is more than one party liable for your accident and injuries. This is why seeking legal counsel would be in your best interest.
Contacting a Georgia Truck Accident Attorney
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to protect your case, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced attorney and facts forGeorgia injury victims and are available free of charge toGeorgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Big Rig Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 01/02/2015 Fraudulent Trucking Companies Find Bureaucratic Loopholes
- Posted on 12/18/2014 National Truck Driver Drug and Alcohol Test Database Proposed
- Posted on 12/15/2014 Passengers in Commercial Trucks can cause Distracted Driving