Yes. If you were in a crosswalk and had the right of way, especially if you crossed with the traffic light, then you should be able to hold the negligent driver accountable for his or her bad actions. The driver’s insurance company will offer you a settlement for your injuries; however, you need to be aware that the first offer you receive will not be a fair offer. Unfortunately, even if the insurance company knows that their driver was at fault and was responsible for your injuries, they will still try to get away with paying you as little money as possible for your injuries.

Instead of accepting their offer, you can pursue a personal injury claim to recover the most compensation possible. While the insurance company for the driver will attempt to settle your case outside of court, you can present your case to a judge and jury; however, you need to make sure you have a skilled Georgia personal injury lawyer on your side, even though you had the right of way. 

Drivers are supposed to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. When they fail to yield the right of way, pedestrians can suffer serious injuries. Unfortunately, pedestrians are no match against a car weighing 3,000 pounds, and the injuries pedestrians are left with could cause permanent damages.

If you suffered injuries in a Fayette County pedestrian accident, please call an experienced Peachtree City accident attorney at Shane Smith Law for a free consultation at (770) 487-8999 today.

Shane Smith
Connect with me
Advocate for the Seriously Injured

Contact Us

Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.