Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 742-6352
Phone: (770) 487-8999 x32
Law Offices of Shane Smith
Accepting Personal Injury Cases
In Georgia In North Carolina

Contact Us

Get help now! Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will contact you within 24 hours!

My sister was killed by a drunk driver. I know she was the victim, but I feel like I have been victimized due to her loss. What can I do?


When someone you love, such as your sister, was killed by a drunk driver, that person may be considered to be the only victim. However, when someone you love dies because of a criminal act, you are also considered a Georgia drunk driving victim.

Do not think for one second that you are not a victim. You are. You lost someone you care about because someone else chose to drive drugged or drunk. Allow yourself to grieve and cope with your new reality.  

You may have trouble sleeping, eating or even concentrating. You may even feel numb or in a constant state of shock. Some people in these situations describe themselves as having an out-of-body experience. These feelings are normal for a victim who is trying to cope with the aftermath of a crash. 

Siblings often are overlooked during traumas like these. Friends and family may send cards and flowers to the parents and offer condolences to them. However, just because you are not a parent does not mean you do not have a right to feel victimized. You lost your sibling and need sympathy and support from friends and loved ones, too. 

You may be entitled to seek justice and hold the negligent driver accountable. For more information about your rights, call a Georgia DUI victim attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 or (866) 979-1629 for a free, no-obligation consultation today.

Shane Smith
Advocate for the Seriously Injured in Georgia