Med Pay or medical payment coverage is a type of insurance you can purchase. Med Pay is no-fault coverage meaning it does not matter whether the accident is your fault or someone else’s fault. It will cover you or any passenger in your vehicle if there is a motor vehicle collision. This means that if you cause an accident, it will pay for you to go to the doctor to seek medical care. If you are injured in an accident, it will pay for your medical care and treatment. I recommend this type of coverage for several reasons. One, it allows you to go to the doctor immediately and get treatment. Two, it may be able to increase substantially the amount of money you receive in a bodily injury case because your medical bills would already be paid by your medical payment coverage. Med Pay is typically only entitled to reimbursement if you’re “made whole.” If you have Med Pay and you need an expensive test, you are more likely to get that test because you’re not worried about having to pay out-of-pocket in cash. We always recommend Med Pay to our clients just as a safety measure. Med Pay is essential if you do not have health insurance.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- Posted on 09/21/2015Georgia Drivers Benefit from Seatbelt Laws
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III