The first thing is to determine if anyone has been hurt. If it appears that you or someone else has sustained serious injuries, call 911.
Even if you don’t require immediate medical attention, it is always a good idea after an accident for a doctor to examine you. Shock sometimes can prevent someone from realizing they are hurt.
Or you may think that your backache is minor and will go away. It’s not a good idea to risk making your injuries worse or assume it’s not as bad as it really may be.
The next thing you should do after determining if anyone requires medical attention is to contact the police. You want to ensure that an accident report is filled out.
Be sure to discuss what happened with the police only. Limit what you say and never admit to being at fault.
You should get the names, addresses and phone numbers of those involved in the accident and any witnesses. You should also get the other driver’s insurance information.
If you can, take pictures of your damaged vehicle and the accident scene. Try to get a variety of angles.
You should contact your insurance agent as soon as possible, even before you leave the accident if you can. Otherwise, be sure to call as soon as you get home.
Your next step should to be to contact an Atlanta personal injury attorney if you have suffered serious injuries. You may be entitled to compensation if it is determined that the other driver was at fault.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after An Atlanta Traffic Accident
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to protect your case, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney and facts forGeorgia injury victims and are available free of charge toGeorgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- Posted on 09/21/2015Georgia Drivers Benefit from Seatbelt Laws
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III