The attorneys at the Law Offices of Shane Smith have put together this library of articles that relate to car wrecks, DUI victims, wrongful death, premises liability (slip and falls), and pedestrian accidents in Georgia, Ohio, and the Carolinas. These articles can provide valuable answers to many of your legal questions.
- Page 142
Why should I buy uninsured motorist insurance? Many times clients will ask me about uninsured motorist insurance. The questions range from what is uninsured motorist insurance or UM and why do I need it. They will also ask what is the difference between uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance coverage. Another question is how much should they buy?
How is a DUI victim case or a case where someone was DUI different? Driving Under the Influence or DUI continues to be a serious problem in the Atlanta, Georgia area. It is bad enough when you are injured in a wreck that you did not cause; but, emotionally, it can be much worse when someone hits you who was drinking or is DUI. These cases are handled differently in our office.
I never wanted to sue anyone? Many times, clients will tell me that they are not the “type of person to sue” someone. I confess that I do not know what type of person does sue someone; but most of my clients are not that person. I have clients come to me and say that they are hurt and have all of these bills and do not know what to do. They feel bad making a claim but they missed a week of work and they now do not have the money to pay the gas bill. They say that they hurt for weeks but are not sure that is enough of a reason to sue someone.
Civil Proceedings Give Real Closure to Victims in Georgia DUI Cases When a person is convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in the state of Georgia, several penalties can be imposed by the criminal court depending on the situation, but DUI victims often find that legal penalties don't heal the hurt they've suffered.
What Should You Do Following an Auto Accident? Three Steps Toward a Stronger Georgia Car Wreck Case
Pedestrians Are Still At Risk In Many Metro Atlanta Neighborhoods 185 pedestrians were killed by vehicles in the Metro Atlanta Area between 1997 and 1998, a statistic that moved the nonprofit Surface Transportation Policy Project to name Atlanta the second most dangerous city for pedestrians in 2000.
Search Our Site
- ?Is there a difference between slip and fall lawyers and personal injury attorneys?
- ?My child was killed on Halloween by our neighbor who appeared to be drunk. Should we pursue a wrongful death suit? And if so, how can we prove he was intoxicated?
- ?Although there are no standardized Traumatic Brain Injury treatments yet, should my recovery include money for possible future treatments?
- In September 2014 Shane Smith had the pleasure of awarding Kim Strudivant with the Fayette County Local Teacher of the Month award. In return Charlotee Sanders the Principal of Grace Christian Academy sent him a warm thank you that we wanted to share. Charlotte Sanders Principal of Grace Christian Academy
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers