What you say to the insurance adjuster could significantly impact your claim so use discretion. Better yet, search the Georgia Bar directory and speak with an Atlanta car accident attorney before you speak with an insurance adjuster.
The only thing you should really share is the medical treatment you have received and missed time from work. The insurance company’s goal is to pay out as little as possible, so they may try to get you to sign papers or agree to a settlement immediately.
Even if it is your own insurance company that you are dealing with, they want to minimize their payment as much as possible. So it would be a good idea to contact an Atlanta car accident attorney before you agree to anything.
The third step is to follow-up with any medical care or treatment that is required. If you are scheduled for physical therapy appointments, don’t miss them. Or if you are scheduled for surgery, don’t try to delay it. If you are told to stop working, listen to your doctor’s instructions. Failing to follow the doctor’s orders could end up hurting your claim.
The last step you should take after a car accident is to promptly contact an Atlanta trucking accident attorney. Trying to deal with the claims process on your own can be challenging enough, without adding to it the complexities of a case involving a truck. Because of truck industry rules, there may be more to the situation and there is the potential of holding the truck driver’s employer liable for your injuries.
Whether you look for an Atlanta car accident attorney through the Georgia Bar directory, online or in recommendations from others, it’s important to find one who has experience handling car/truck accident claims. Don’t delay in seeking legal counsel when you have been seriously injured, as you may be entitled to compensation.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after a Car Accident in Atlanta
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to protect your case, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer and facts for Georgia injury victims and are available free of charge to Georgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Big Rig Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes