Trucks that have to brake quickly and suddenly are at risk of jackknifing and rolling over. This could lead to a serious, even deadly crash. In addition, if there is a vehicle traveling behind the truck, they could end up plowing into the back of it.
The last tip that may help prevent an accident with a truck is to avoid passing a big-rig on the left when they are making a right-hand turn. While a passenger car can easily maneuver turns, trucks must swing out wide to the left.
You may have done your part to avoid an accident but still found yourself the victim. If that is the case and your injuries are serious, you may wish to file a personal injury claim to fight for the compensation and justice you deserve.
This is especially true if you are facing significant medical expenses and lost time from work, during your treatment and recovery plan. With mounting medical bills and no earnings coming in, you may have the right to be compensated by the negligent party or parties for the injuries and damages they have caused you.
Injured in an Atlanta truck accident? Call an Attorney
Learning about your rights after being injured in a truck accident is important. An attorney can help you understand what legal options are available and how best to pursue a claim against a negligent driver.
One way to learn about your rights is to read our books which provide helpful tips for injury victims: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. In addition, you may wish to speak with an attorney at the law offices of Shane Smith. Don’t hesitate to contact our office when you have been seriously injured. Call 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Big Rig Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes