Drunk driving accident statistics indicate that each year, nearly 16,000 people are killed in drunk driving accidents, and thousands more are injured. One of the most common injuries that result from car accidents caused by drunk drivers is broken bones.
Understanding Broken Bones after a DUI Accident
Bones break when the force of impact is too strong for the bone to withstand, so children and the elderly are at an increased risk for bone breakage because their bones are not as strong as a younger or middle-aged adult. These injuries are interchangeably referred to as “fractures” – despite common misconception, there is no difference between a broken bone and a fracture.
One of the unseen dangers of a broken bone is that it can cause complications with the surrounding tissue. Bone fragments can pierce arteries, lacerate the spinal cord or puncture nerve endings. Despite its commonality, there is nothing mundane about a broken bone, and without the proper medical attention, a fracture can become quite serious.
If you have suffered a fracture or any other injury, reach out to an Atlanta auto injury lawyer who can help. Drunk driving accident statistics demonstrate the seriousness of the consequences of DUI accidents and their resultant injuries, so consult with a car accident attorney in Atlanta today – 1-770-487-8999.
Continue to Next Page >>
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- ?I was a passenger in a drunk driver’s car when an accident happened. How can I get compensation for my injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- Posted on 07/02/2021Teen Drunk Driver Sentenced to 15 Years for Death of 16-Year-Old | In Pain Call Shane
- Posted on 07/02/2021Is there a difference between DUI and DWI in Georgia? | In Pain Call Shane
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?