When it comes to car insurance, there are 4 types that every motorist should know about in order to save potentially thousands of dollars. If you are unsure of your coverage and you need to file a claim, you should consult a car accident attorney in Georgia to ensure that your rights are protected.
Uninsured Motorist (UM) Coverage
Even though most states have laws that motorists must have insurance coverage, it doesn’t mean that everyone who gets behind the wheel of a car does. So you run a high risk of facing a severe financial burden if you end up injured in a car accident involving an uninsured driver.
UM coverage provides that protection. It may also be used in the event you are injured in a hit-and-run accident.
The great thing about this coverage is that it can protect your family members as well. And even if you are a passenger in someone else’s vehicle and you are injured, you will be protected.
Underinsured Motorist (UIM) Coverage
Sometimes it isn’t an issue that other drivers don’t have coverage -- it’s that they don’t have enough. Underinsured motorist coverage can protect you in the event your losses are greater than the limits on the other driver’s policy.
For instance, let’s say you sustained head injuries in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence. If your medical expenses total $50,000, but the other driver’s policy covers only up to $10,000, you have a huge financial gap that must be filled. This is where UIM coverage comes in.
Some states require that you purchase both types of coverage simultaneously. It is usually inexpensive but can go a long way in helping to cover costs associated with your car accident and injuries.
Continue to Next Page >>
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- Posted on 07/02/2021Teen Drunk Driver Sentenced to 15 Years for Death of 16-Year-Old | In Pain Call Shane
- Posted on 07/02/2021Is there a difference between DUI and DWI in Georgia? | In Pain Call Shane
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims May Use Prior Medical Records as Evidence