AnAtlantatruck accident lawyer can help determine liability. Not only could the driver be found at fault, but also the trucking company that employs the driver could be liable. Additionally, an attorney may be able to assist with the evidence collection that will be necessary to prove the driver’s negligence.
Common Types of Truck Driver Negligence
Driving a semi carries with it a lot of stress and pressure. There are deadlines to meet, items to unload and a number of other responsibilities. This can lead to a truck driver operating a big rig in an unsafe manner.
One common type of truck driver negligence is fatigue. With drivers sometimes spending days at a time on the road, they easily can experience exhaustion.
It is for this reason there are federal regulations in place concerning how many hours a driver can operate their truck. If there is a violation, it can lead to a driver falling asleep at the wheel or being inattentive due to drowsiness.
Another type of truck driver negligence is speeding. In an effort to make the next stop in time, the driver may exceed the speed limit.
Driving a truck at a high rate of speed increases the potential for catastrophic consequences. It is difficult for semis to stop in time if they have been traveling too fast, and speeding is a common cause for a rollover.
Not taking into account weather conditions is yet another type of truck driver negligence. When the roads are slick and drivers don’t slow down, it can result in the truck sliding or jackknifing.
As the victim of a truck accident, you likely will have significant medical bills in addition to a lack of income as you recover. Consult a Georgia truck accident attorney to explore your legal options - 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Continue to Next Page >>
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Big Rig Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes