You will need someone who has experience handling accident claims involving cars and trucks. There may be unique circumstances that can affect your case when a truck is involved, such as the employer possibly being held liable as well.
After a Car Accident Involving a Truck
There are important steps that need to be taken when you have been seriously injured in a car accident involving a truck. The first step has to do with the scene of the accident.
If there are injuries, 911 should be called. If there doesn’t appear to be any injuries, the police will need to be contacted so they can respond to the accident and write up a report.
Even if it isn’t necessary to call 911, you should still be seen by a doctor after the accident. You may not realize the extent of damage or be aware of internal injuries. Failing to seek medical attention could end up hurting your case.
At the scene of the accident you should take pictures if you can. Get a variety of shots, from the entire scene of the accident to up-close pictures of the damaged vehicles. You should also take pictures of any visible injuries you may have.
Get names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident. While you are talking to people however, avoid getting into details about what happened. As your Atlanta trucking accident attorney will explain, the less you say the better.
Finally, while everything is still fresh in your mind, write down the details of what happened. You may not be able to recall important facts later on, so writing it down as soon as possible is best.
You should also contact an attorney while everything is fresh on your mind. To ensure that you speak with a legitimate lawyer, consult the Georgia Bar directory.
Continue to Next Page >>
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Big Rig Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes