Georgia Brain Injury Attorney Shane Smith Covers Groups Advocating for Victims of Traumatic Brain Injuries
However a traumatic brain injury is sustained, the results can be catastrophic. After sustaining a traumatic brain injury, many things can go wrong including getting treatment, recognition and finding ways to live as normal a life as possible. As much as there are reckless people who have a blatant disregard for other drivers on Georgia roads, there are just as many people who fight for innocent traumatic brain injury victims.
The Brain Injury Association of Georgia is one of the leading advocates for victims of Georgia traumatic brain injuries. This organization provides victims and their families with three different and complementary services: support, education and advocacy. Organizations such as the Brain Injury Association of Georgia work to help victims live as normal a life as possible. Along with having advocates and non-profit organizations to help traumatic brain injury victims, speaking with a Georgia brain injury attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith will enable you or your injured loved obtain financial closure through a Gwinnett County brain injury attorney. When you call our law firm at (770) 487-8999, you will be able to schedule your free legal consultation.
Three Different Services the Brain Injury Association of Georgia provides:
Legislation in Georgia is crafted, amended and passed with their help. Through lobbyists and grass-roots efforts, this group looks to help victims and their families have protections and resources under the law.
This organization’s educational offerings give the family of victims, victims themselves and professionals the information and tools to cope with a traumatic brain injury and how to make the most of this type of injury. There are many other resources available which include:
- Full library of educational materials for survivors and their families to keep learning
- Support groups
- Peer visitor for veteran programs
- Resource helpline
- Seminars with updates on legislation, medical research and other news-worthy items
The main mission and the most comprehensive services offered through the group are how it supports victims and their families of traumatic brain injuries. It offers the following types of services:
- The Brain Injury Information Center Helpline. This offers resources to learn more about traumatic brain injuries and what types of resources their local community has to help traumatic brain injury victims.
- Support groups of all types and sizes are available to victims and their families.
- Persons that have suffered a traumatic brain injury have special access to the arts to provide therapy for victims.
- Peer Visitor Insource Program is where a licensed and trained assistant can help victims with medical, social and learning therapies
- There is a Camp for survivors and their care-givers.
Brain injury victims in Georgia have many resources that they can use to make their lives or that of their loved one to live as normal as possible. However, sometimes resources such as the Brain Injury Association of Georgia add complementary, but not complete financial assistance. If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to any type of personal injury incident, please contact a Georgia PI attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith. When you call our law firm, you will be able to speak with a Gwinnett County brain injury lawyer that will evaluate the circumstances around the brain injury. Call our offices at (888) 927-6955 for you free legal consultation today!