According to a survey by the website AutoMD.com, over half of the licensed drivers reported that they had little or no car maintenance basic knowledge. Drivers who do not safely maintain their vehicles place passengers and other drivers at risk.
Consulting a Coweta County attorney after an auto accident enhances a victim's ability to receive a reasonable settlement. If you have been injured in an automobile accident you should discuss your case with an accident attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith.
The following sample of vehicle defects can cause serious injury if they are not maintained properly:
- Brakes—Antilock Braking System (ABS) failure, fluid leaks and worn brake pads are among the most dangerous defects.
- Airbag malfunction--An airbag that fails to deploy in an emergency or that accidentally deploys can cause injury or be a contributing cause in a fatal accident. Studies have also shown that airbags can pose serious dangers to short people.
- Head rests—Whiplash can be caused by defective or improperly placed headrests.
- Defective fuel tank—Some vehicles are manufactured with fuel tanks positioned dangerously if the vehicle is involved in an accident with a larger car such as an SUV.
- Tires: Tire defects including tread separation or bald tires can lead to blowouts, flying debris or loss of control.
If you or someone you know has been hurt in an auto accident, meet with a Coweta County auto accident lawyer. Call the Law Offices of Shane Smith to schedule a free legal consultation.