Impairment is yet another type of negligence. Alcohol and street drugs may be a factor, but some truck drivers may take medication to stay awake. This could actually have a dangerous effect.
Truck driver negligence isn’t just found in driver behaviors. It can also pertain to the truck itself. For instance, if the truck exceeds its maximum load or wasn’t properly loaded, it could be at risk of rolling over.
The truck may not have been properly inspected before hitting the road, or necessary repairs might have been missed. This could lead to other parties being found liable and will depend on the specific circumstances surrounding your accident.
How an Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
You may need the help of a lawyer who has experience handling truck accident claims to prove liability. There are a variety of ways this can be done, including through log books, truck maintenance records, and any other documentation pertaining to the truck and accident.
In addition, you may be able to hold other parties responsible such as the trucking company, contractors responsible for the upkeep of the truck and manufacturers of trucking equipment. The best way to learn what legal options are available is to seek legal counsel.
The best thing you can do to protect your rights and your claim is to contact the law offices of Shane Smith. Our law firm can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices today at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Big Rig Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes