Georgia Truck Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2010, there were 1,244 total traffic fatalities in the state of Georgia. Out of those, 152 fatalities were the cause of collisions involving large trucks.
Based on the Department of Transportation's latest report on accidents, in 2006, it was concluded that roughly 86% of drivers and passengers of smaller vehicles were left fatally injured when involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle. In comparison, about 14% of truck occupants were the ones who sustained fatal injuries. Most of these fatal crashes involved a tractor trailer, accounting for about 66%.
Despite these statistics, in 2006, rural or non-interstate roads were reported to be more fatal than accidents that happen on the interstate, accounting for nearly 87% of fatal accidents, compared to a little more than 11% on the interstate. This may be due to the fact that roads in rural areas are narrower, less likely to be well-maintained and a driver is more likely to speed. Interstates, on the other hand, are wider and become more congested, causing slowdowns in traffic.
Considering the impact of accidents that involve large trucks, you may be left with serious injuries or a lost loved one. Understand that many times, these accidents can include third-party liability, in which more than a single party may be held accountable. These cases also more difficult to prove, so it is imperative to get in touch with a Georgia truck accident attorney at 1-770-487-8999 to find out if you have a legitimate case to pursue.
Continue to Next Page >>
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Tractor Trailer Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes into Business