Gwinnett County Personal Injury Claims on the Rise Due to Increased & Widespread Industrial Accidents
Based on statistics provided by the United States Bureau Labor of Statistics, there are over 207,000 occupational illnesses from industrial accidents and unsafe working conditions suffered by workers through the public and private work sectors. Some occupational conditions include:
- Skin problems
- Lung and breathing issues
- Poisonings (contact and breathing)
- Loss of hearing
- Many others
There have been and continue to be many different Georgia illnesses from industrial accidents and the negligence of business owners who fail to protect, train and supervise their workers and ensure the working environment is safe and free of health hazards. When Gwinnett County companies are negligent serious medical conditions and even death can result. Some health conditions include:
- Cancer. Nose, bladder and lung cancers occur because workers breathe in or are directly exposed to chemicals through the skin.
- Hearing loss (partial or total) from not having proper hearing protection when working around heavy machinery.
- Nerve issues – nerve damage that results in a lack of feeling, a loss of movement or compromised functioning.
- Skin related conditions – burns, irritations and even cancers.
If you have suffered a Grayson industrial accident and are now suffering from one or more of the mentioned illnesses or you believe you have an unmentioned illness, your Georgia PI attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith will be able to help you determine if your current medical issues are related to the negligence of your employer. Call (888) 927-6955 to schedule a free consultation with an industrial accident attorney so you can determine all of your legal rights.
In addition to suffering severe physical injuries from your acute or long-term exposure, you will likely suffer emotional injuries. The emotional injuries may qualify as damages that can be part of a claim against a negligent employer. Some examples of emotional damages from industrial accidents include:
- Inability to continue to perform your current job leaving you with lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- If a death results, loss of earning capacity and loss of life for your family
Since determining the cause, the extent of the damages and what legal rights you may have to recover based upon it, speaking with a Gwinnett County PI attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith will enable you to ensure all of your legal rights are preserved. Don’t wait any longer, call (770) 487-8999 to see what you are legally entitled to!