You also should know that even if you do have pre-existing conditions, it doesn’t mean that you have no rights when they've been made worse after an accident. While you certainly can’t receive compensation for your injury prior to the accident, you do have the right to be compensated when it was made worse.
How Medical Records Can Help Your Personal Injury Claim
The best way to distinguish between previous injuries and your current ones is to submit your medical records as evidence. Using the example of the back injury, it would be helpful to have a copy of the x-ray or MRI that was done after you were injured at work.
This will show what type of damage was done. You can compare to that a recent x-ray or MRI done, which now may show the ruptured disc. Noting the differences between the diagnostic tests can be helpful in establishing how the accident worsened your injury.
How an Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Proving that your pre-existing conditions have nothing to do with your current injuries can be a challenge. This is why you will need the help of anAtlantapersonal injury attorney.
An experienced attorney knows the various methods that the insurance company will use to try and not only put the blame on you, but also to say that any injuries you suffered were not caused by the accident. They understand the various types of evidence that can help show otherwise.
The law offices of Shane Smith can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- Posted on 09/21/2015Georgia Drivers Benefit from Seatbelt Laws