Why File a DUI Injury Claim
Approximately 40 percent of all fatal auto accidents in Georgia and the rest of the United States are the result of drinking and driving to some extent, and according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 person dies every 45 minutes as the result of an alcohol-impaired driver’s decision to get behind the wheel.
The devastation of a Georgia accident with a drunk driver can leave a hole in the lives of your family members and all those who are affected by it. While financial compensation can’t heal the emotional and psychological damage afflicted by a DUI-related injury, it can provide for the real costs that such a tragedy creates for a family or individual.
At the scene of the accident, call 911. If the accident was serious or if anyone was hurt, notify the operator who answers and request emergency medical respondents.
Don’t leave the scene of the accident until you have spoken with the police and receive medical attention. If you have a camera or a camera in your cellphone, try to take as many photos of the accident scene as you can, including the general area and the damage to both vehicles. Write down the names and contact information of potential witnesses and request a copy of the police report that details the accident.
Before filing a lawsuit, call an attorney as soon as possible after an accident with a drunk driver to facilitate the process of getting your DUI injury claim moving, so contact an Atlanta car wreck lawyer who has handled cases like yours before.
Continue to Next Page >>
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?
- Posted on 09/22/2015Georgia Teen Charged with Minor Consumption of Alcohol
- Posted on 09/08/2015Study—Drunk Driving Fatalities Are Under Reported