However, if the truck driver requires medical treatment, he or she has the right to receive it as well. Drivers should be aware of all these regulations if their employers properly informed them.
It is the responsibility of employers to provide instructions and procedures on what to do immediately following a truck accident. Not complying with these federal regulations could play a significant role in your case.
The results of post-accident truck driver tests may indicate that the truck driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These results can be used as evidence in proving liability.
Seeking Help from a Georgia Truck Accident Lawyer
A truck accident is usually devastating and can cause severe injuries or the loss of life. When this happens as a result of truck driver negligence, the driver can be held liable. In addition, the trucking company that employs the driver also may play a role in liability.
To prove fault, you will need adequate evidence. The results of a post-accident truck driver test can be one type. However, there are other ways you may be able to demonstrate that a truck driver acted in a careless or reckless manner.
For instance, the black box of the truck or the driver’s logbook may show why the accident occurred. The best way to learn what your rights are and to protect your claim is to contact the law offices of Shane Smith. Our law firm can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices today at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.
- Posted on 08/24/2015FedEx Truck Collides with Police Cruiser, Closes I-85
- Posted on 07/23/2015Speeding Tractor Trailer Causes Fatal Georgia Crash
- Posted on 07/22/2015Driverless Big Rig Crosses 10 Lanes of Traffic, Crashes