You’ve been in a car wreck and have been hurt. You’ve hired us to help you with your claim against the insurance company for all of your medical and doctor bills and pain and suffering and lost wages. Shane Smith, with help from his Case Managers, will work to set up your insurance claims, request all of your medical bills and records, and create a demand package for payment to the insurance company.
The Steps of Your Atlanta Car Wreck Case:
- Sign-Up. When you decide that you want us to handle your case, we will send out a contract for you to sign, and then we will retrieve an accident report from the incident. If you have not started treatment, our intake specialist will gladly set you up with one of our many highly recommended chiropractors and pain management specialists to get you in the best health possible post-accident.
- Claims. Our staff will do all of the work for you. We will contact your insurance company as well as the defendant’s to start your claims for the accident. If there were any eyewitnesses to the incident, we will contact those people for their statements.
- Medical Treatment. The case managers here at our office along with Managing Attorney Ron Smith will make sure that you are receiving the best treatment possible, and that you are steadily progressing back to yourself before the accident. The most important thing we want for you is to get you better and back to your normal pre-accident life. Once you have completed treatment or Attorney Ron Smith has consulted with you that it is best to move your case forward, then we will proceed to Negotiations.
- Negotiation. Attorney Ron Smith and his assistant, Jennifer, will review the case, as well as review the case with you to determine the appropriate amount to demand from the insurance company.
- Mailing the Demand. Once we have worked together to come up with a demand amount, we draft a detailed Demand & mail it to the adjuster, who has 30 days to respond.
- First Offer Received. Once Attorney Ron Smith has received the response from the adjuster, he will then contact you and discuss the offer to determine whether you should keep Negotiating, Settle, or move to Litigation.
- Settlement or Litigation. When Attorney Ron Smith and you have come to the decision to take the most recent offer from the adjuster then you will go into the settlement process. The check we receive for your claim will be used to pay your medical expenses as well as attorney fees, you will then receive the rest. If you are not able to reach a settlement agreement, Attorney Ron Smith will advise you to move to Litigation where our firm will continue to work hard to get you the money you deserve by filing a lawsuit.