If You Have Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury From an At-Fault Party You May Have A Fayette County Personal Injury Claim.
Before a loved one has suffered a debilitating and life-changing traumatic brain injury, your family member was independent person who was a productive member of society raising his or her family. However, if your family member suffers a traumatic brain injury from a Peachtree City personal injury accident, you and your family member’s life will be changed forever.
A traumatic brain injury can happen from the negligence or recklessness of an individual or business related to:
- Suffering blunt force trauma or similar physical assault
- Exposure to chemicals or toxins
- Being injured in an auto accident
If your loved one has suffered any level of traumatic brain injury, it is essential to get medical treatment for the injury as soon as possible. As soon as your loved one is stabilized from their Fayette County personal injury traumatic brain injuries, contact a brain injury attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith to have all of your loved one’s damages evaluated. The only way to determine if a Georgia personal injury claim exists is to determine your legal rights through a free consulation at the Law Offices of Shane Smith. Call (770) 487-8999 today!
According to the Centers for Disease Control, four major type of injuries may be sustained from a traumatic brain injury:
- One’s ability to think may be affecting. Experiencing memory issues and being able to reason even simple tasks becomes more difficult.
- Maintaining sharp and correct senses may be impaired. The ability to see, talk, smell, touch and other sensory abilities may be reduced or altered from the injury
- Emotions may be negative impacted. Your loved one may become angry, withdrawn, bipolar or a combination of these symptoms.
In addition to these immediate and potentially long-term permanent changes, traumatic brain injuries can increase your loved one’s chances of suffering degenerative age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s diseases.
During a Fayette County personal injury claim, there are many damages you may be able to recover on for damages suffered from a traumatic brain injury. These damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Clinical diagnosis and treatment for depression and other mental health issues
- Physical and rehabilitative therapy
- Loss of enjoyment of life
During your initial consultation, the more medical records, accident scene reports and related information to your initial and projected medical treatment from existing medical records, the more effectively your potential Peachtree City personal injury claim may be worth. Based on your circumstances a medical expert, who is familiar with Georgia personal injury claims will also be able to determine, along with your treating physicians, will determine if you need additional or life-long medical treatment. However, the only way to make this legal and medical determination is to speak with a Fayette brain injury attorney from the Law Offices of Shane Smith. Don’t wait any longer, call (888) 927-6955 to protect your legal rights!